October 25, 2010

Rainy Weekend = Progress?

My lofty goal to finish this blanket by the end of the is clearly a longshot. So far I have finished two strips and seamed them together. In researching other peoples blankets on Ravelry I read about one woman knitting two strips at a time, so I am trying that for my current strip.

Here is what it looks like so far:

Here's an up close, artsy shot:

Basically, I am a little over 45% completed... and don't have anymore yarn left! My last trip to my LYS resulted in me buying the last skein, so hopefully next time I pop in they've ordered more.

During the lovely rainy weekend we had, I made the most delicious Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. The recipe is over at Kitchen Corners (click here). They were delicious, but a little fluffier than I expected. Boyfriend has taken to calling them "muffies" (muffin + cookie), but I think he's only saying that cause it sounds naughty. I doubled the recipe in order to use an entire can of pumpkin... yes, I used canned pumpkin. But only because I hadn't taken a trip to the pumpkin patch yet! We did that on Sunday, so now I have two beautiful sugar pie pumpkins waiting to be made into something delicious. That's for next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking scrumptious! Whoever gets this is a lucky ducky.

    ReplyDelete