January 4, 2011

Chevron Scarf - Finished

After working on and off (mostly off) on this project since the beginning of June, I have finally finished my Chevron Scarf (I would link to the pattern, but it appears to be gone). I started this project intending it to be a small project that I could work on in various places - this scarf has been to softball games, friends houses, family dinners, and on various road trips. It came to be out of one of my random fits of retardation, when I bought two skeins of different colored sock yarn and realized I could do nothing with them except make two different colored socks. I threw the yarn into my stash and forgot about them until last June, when I realized they would work perfectly with this pattern.

I wasn't too sure on the color combination, but once it started knitting up I realized that it looked great!
It kind of reminds me of a peacock for some reason...
I'm not too pleased that it took me 8 months to complete... but that is neither here nor there now that it is done!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Have you ever tried a drop stitch pattern? It makes a nice loose weave & looks nice for a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i use it a lot! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete