February 10, 2011

The "Finally" Hat

My friend Danu has been wanting me to knit her a hat forever. Yes, literally forever. However, I have been slightly hesitant for several reasons:

1. Her cat devours knitted things. He seeks them out (even if she hides them) and rips them to shreds. I brought over my knitting once when we were hanging out, and he stuck his head into the bag, pulled out my ball of yarn and proceeded to start eating it.
2. I once made a shrug that was too small for me. I gifted it to her thinking it would look adorable on her... and forgot about it. Until it showed up at her garage sale (that she had at my house) a few years later. At least someone bought it!

But that is besides the point. She has been asking me for a blue, slouchy hat for a really long time, so for her birthday (yes, another February birthday present). I found a suitable pattern (the Meret Mystery Beret pattern on Ravelry) and made Danu her long awaited hat. I used the skein of Malabrigo Worsted that I bought on Christmas eve (see this post), and it knitted up really quickly. The yarn is nice and soft with slight color variations that bring out the lacy pattern.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute & pretty! You will keep that one away from the yarn munching Sammy!

    ReplyDelete