February 8, 2011

Taking it Personally

I know I can't please everyone, obviously. But for some reason I find myself getting really bummed out when people don't like my pattern. I obsessively check Ravelry several times a day to see if anyone has completed the pattern or made any comments. So far the response is pretty good, but there are a few people who've knitted it up and aren't too pleased with it. I know not to take it personally, and I think overall the response is pretty darn good for a first pattern. I just have to take what everyone says and use it as constructive criticism in order to make future patterns better!

Ravelry has several test knitting groups, so maybe I will present any future patterns to them so they can rip it apart before anyone else can. Live and learn!

4 comments:

  1. Ya, whenever you put yourself out there you can depend on some negatives coming back at you. This is truly how you learn, even tho it's hard to accept.

    Can I see what they said?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still get your pattern tested by the group even though it's already been released! I used the largest test-knitting group on ravelry and it was a great learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! looking on ravelry for a test-knitting group didn't even cross my mind until about a week or so ago. it was a pretty big d'oh! moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only learned of the group because the contest I was entering highly recommended getting it test-knit and linked two groups to ask. It went really well despite not winning the contest (not that I really need more yarn though!).

    ReplyDelete