March 25, 2011

First Completed Embroidery

I was so excited about finally finishing something and posting it that I didn't even iron it before I took the photo. There are plenty of mistakes and uneven stitches, but I'm just going to ignore them. The pattern is from Doodle Stitching, which I bought a few weeks ago. I don't quite know what I'm going to do with it yet... maybe try and frame it or something?
I had some trouble with the Long and Short stitch that was supposed to be used to fill in the leaves. It looks very uneven and bumpy.

On a different note, when stumbling around my house trying to get ready for work this morning, I noticed this little guy chilling on my window. 
He made me smile, so I will forgive him for the trail of slime I will find when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you could add the snail to your lovely embroidery!
    No, but Congratulations! A finished piece is something to feel proud of.
    I have yet to make anything except samplers and one dress. :)

    ReplyDelete