March 31, 2011

A not-so-fond Farewell to March

Phew. March has been quite the month, and to be honest, I am not sad to see it go. On top of global issues like the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis in Japan, turmoil in Libya and the Middle East, torrential downpours in Santa Cruz lead to the flooding of Capitola not once but twice, and the tsunami caused upwards of $26 million in damage to our harbor. On the home front, boy and I realized we weren't meant to be and went our separate ways after two years. It was an amicable breakup (although not so amicable arguments throughout the month lead to said breakup), and although things are sucky now, I know (or hope, at least) that we will be able to be friends in the future.

There is a lot for me to look forward to. The sun has finally come out and is blessing us with 70 degree days, today is the opening day of the baseball season (go Giants!), I ordered a pair of sexy new glasses, am in the process of re-vamping my house and making it more of a home, and I am going to Hawaii to visit one of my favorite people at the end of April. I've never been to Hawaii before, and I think a week of sand, sun and mai tai's is exactly what I need to get my head on straight, pick up the pieces and move on.

Here's to Springtime - a new month, new projects and adventures, and a new leaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment