May 26, 2011

Drop-Stitch Tube Scarf

It's been a while since I've picked up my knitting needles. There have been two projects sitting dormant in my knitting bag for over three months, and only recently have I had the inspiration to pick up where I left off. This project began as part of the Great Stash Bust... and in the end sort of became knitting therapy. 


It is just a simple tube scarf - three rows of drop stitch with a cheapy acrylic yarn, then 2 rows of knitting with another cheapy black yarn. I kept going until I ran out of the green yarn - I know it looks kind of short in the photo, but it's actually fairly long, and when it's laid flat it's about a foot wide... so it's a pretty substantial scarf! It's going to be a birthday present for a friend (who's birthday isn't until October). 


It's really hard to take a photo of yourself wearing a scarf, in case you were wondering. There's no way to not make it look like an emo myspace shot!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you can knit when it's warm out! Cute scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I saw the end of this, I was totally thinking "Wow Mari, what an emo Myspace photo." On other notes, it kind of looks like a snake! Nice!

    ReplyDelete