May 17, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Why, it's growing quite nicely, thank you! Well..for the most part. Our tomatoes are slightly stunted still, but everything is growing slowly but surely!



We've even had a (mini) harvest!


On another plant related note, over the weekend some friends and I decided to attempt a craft project that Danu found over at Budgetwise Home. We bought vases and rocks at the dollar store, and made little windowsill herb gardens.


We made a big mess, but they turned out so cute I can't complain. I planted dwarf basil (it's like regular basil but miniature...and everything is cuter in miniature) and thyme. Spearmint, parsley, and thai basil were also planted.


There are rocks at the bottom of the vases for excess water to filter down to. Hopefully I don't kill mine because they are awful cute!

On another note, I still haven't picked up my knitting needles in quite a while. I've been toying with the idea of starting (or finishing) a couple projects, and I hope inspiration strikes soon...this knitting lull is depressing me! Not to mention I'm tired of all the dirt under my fingernails. I need to get back to nice, clean, inside projects.

3 comments:

  1. Get a good fingernail brush!!!
    Dirt is good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinch off all of the leaves that are touching the ground on your tomato plants and the stalk will shoot up. This will also prevent disease from getting into your tomato plants.
    www.threewoodenspindles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, thanks for the tip! i did it last night..hopefully they will start growing now!

    ReplyDelete