June 29, 2011

Kitchen Shelves

A few months ago, I bought some cube shelves for my kitchen. I had every intention of putting them up as soon as I finished painting, but (as I'm sure you have figured out already) I have a severe procrastination problem. After staring at them for weeks on end, I finally felt inspired enough to hang them last night. Here's the final result.

The picture isn't the best, because it's hard to take a picture of a wall at night... or at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Three of the shelves are three-dimensional cube-like thingys, and the other is just a really cool picture frame I found at a thrift store. It didn't have glass or a backing but it is so pretty that I couldn't resist picking it up.


When I was in Costa Rica in 2008 I came across the most amazing thing I've ever seen. As some of you know, I am not religious in any way, but when I found a cross with a chicken and farmhouses on it, I couldn't resist it. It has been moved from house to house and has never had a proper home...until now!


Here's a close-up. Yes, there is a flower growing out of a house with an all-mighty chicken in the sky. Amazing, right?


Finally, here's a shot of my little breakfast nook. Well, its not a nook...more like a breakfast wall. Either way, it has been completed with my super awesome new clock (do you love it? I love it! I got it at Ross!) and my love fern. If you don't know what a love fern is, I suggest you watch 'How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days'. Since I am starting a new relationship with myself, I figured I should honor it with a love fern. Hopefully I don't kill it, because that wouldn't be a very good omen!

1 comment:

  1. Love the clock.
    Your vase is prone to demise in an earthquake tho!

    ReplyDelete