June 29, 2011

Linen Stitch Scarf - Completed!

It took me way too long to finish this scarf. I started it in the beginning of March, and it was quickly put on the back burner as my personal life took a front seat. It sat in my knitting bag for months, staring at me and almost taunting me (if yarn could taunt). Finally I was overwhelmed with the desire to finish it, and completed it a few days after picking it up again.

I don't know if I will ever wear this scarf even though I like it a lot - it reminds me of candy, and the colors are bright, cheerful and happy. If you want it, let me know in the comments! If more than one person wants it, I guess I'll randomly choose one of you. Just remember, a fan appreciation photo is required if you end up with it.





I left all the ends loose to give it some fun fringe. I tried to block it (for you non-knitting folks, blocking is a technique used to straighten and shape a finished project - it can help flatten rolled edges or give something more definition) because the edges are curling, but since it wasn't made of a natural fiber it didn't really hold. Maybe sitting flat in my storage box for a while will straighten it out.

I started work on a dishcloth the other night... you know you're lame when you are sitting at home watching reality TV and knitting dishcloths! But all joking aside, I'm kind of excited about them because they are a fun way to test out new stitch patterns, and they will look cute in my newly painted kitchen.

2 comments: