June 21, 2011

My Bathroom

I am a messy person. My messiness has been documented here before. I get hit with urges to clean occasionally, but there is one area of my house that I almost never (ever) clean- my bathroom. Whenever I feel the need to clean, I start in the kitchen and work my way into the living room, occasionally my bedroom, and sometimes even my closet, but never my bathroom.

I never noticed how dirty it was until my friends started commenting on it. One friend even went as far as to go next door to my neighbor/friend's house to use HIS bathroom. Yes, a single guys bathroom has been deemed cleaner than mine. You are probably thinking that someone actually leaving my house to use someone else's bathroom would inspire me to clean. You are wrong.

A few months ago I was in the kitchen singing to myself and making dinner for some friends as they hung out in my living room. I walked in to find one friend in my bathroom, frantically spraying my shower with Tilex. She looked at me and said "I just couldn't stand it anymore! Let me clean it!". I forcibly removed her from the bathroom, promising to clean the shower on my own. You are probably thinking that seeing a friend of mine try to sneakily clean my shower would inspire me to clean. You are wrong.

I don't know why I refuse to clean my bathroom. I mean, I'll wipe down the sink, mirror and toilet on occasion, but I have never cleaned the shower or the floor as long as I've lived there. There is a visible layer of dust on the floor, and the shower is starting to grow things. I have a built-in shower excuse - I can't see without my glasses, and obviously I don't wear glasses in the shower, so I am literally turning a blind eye to the monstrosities growing on my shower ceiling. I actually cringe when house guests use my shower. You are probably thinking that having to make excuses about how dirty my shower is would inspire me to clean. You are wrong.

Cleaning my bathroom has become an ongoing joke with my friends. At least twice a week I make plans to clean my bathroom (shower and all) after work or on the weekend, and every single time I end up going out with friends, getting distracted by new episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, or conveniently forgetting to do it.

But hey, who knows. Maybe I'll clean my bathroom this week. But then what will my friends tease me about?

4 comments:

  1. You should post some pics of your nasty shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh don't you worry! We will find plenty of other things to tease you about! clean that SonOfA@#*@

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's disgusting.

    I've noticed how gross your bathroom is, but I've never commented on it because I thought I was the only one who noticed. I figured that if someone else had mentioned it, you would have cleaned it... Guess I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete