November 2, 2011

I thought I was a wino, but....

My friends and I drink a lot of wine. I mean, not enough to be worried about us (although a new study links red wine to increased metabolism and thus lower obesity rates so maybe we should drink more), but if there is a group of us together there is probably a bottle of wine nearby. So when I started collecting wine corks a while back to make a cork board, I thought it was going to be no problem.
I'd been on a frame-quest for several months, browsing thrift stores, flea markets and antique stores looking for the right one. I finally found one over the weekend at my neighborhood Goodwill, but to my horror I realized I didn't have enough corks!
There are 69 wine corks there, plus 6 champagne corks. I have a few extra champagne corks, but I wanted them to just line the bottom... so it looks like we need to start drinking more wine. I only need 9 more corks... with the holidays coming up I don't think that will be a problem!

I also have a ton of beer caps that I've been saving, but I'm not sure what to do with them quite yet. Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment